22 December 2011

Ski Weekend In Obertauern

Downhill ski is my favourite winter sport. There are several ski resorts within the country which are around 1-2 hours drive from here but they're usually packed with people or the pistes aren't that great.

Mr.M and I go to the Austrian Alps at least once in winter. I've been to a few of them so far but Serfaus is always my favourite. It's not that far from us if compares to the Italian or French Alps. This year, however, we decided in the last minute we would go to Obertauern due to the not so good condition in Serfaus. Mr.M has been to the surrounding resorts and it's my first time there.

The weather was really bad on the first day. It was windy, snowy and foggy. I don't usually ski with a mask on but we had to get one for me the next day. That explains why you don't see my face here at all :D



The second day was a beautiful sunny day. I woke up early to take pictures of the chalet and mountains. I'll upload from my dSLR next week when I'm back from Slovakia (we're spending Christmas with the in-laws).

It was really sunny and a few brave + crazy snowboarders were snowboarding topless under subzero temperature!








Mr.M was already thinking of having his favourite Kaiserschmarrn and Knödel on the way to Obertauern. We didn't find Kaiserschmarrn on the menu, so here it is, his Knödel (I've had better ones!)




The only time I think I need a cup of tea with rum after hours of skiing.




We met this really cute furry friend at the car park on our first day there.

1 comment:

  1. where did you eat knodels? they look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete