22 August 2010

Sigma SS188 & Other Brushes

I have read a lot of raves about Sigma Makeup brushes and would really like to try them since the quality is comparable with MAC brushes. The SS188 I have been waiting finally became available recently. My order arrived a few days ago and I finally got the chance to try the brush out. What can I say? I'm loving it!

Sigma SS188


The brush is very soft and desnse. It shed a few It flares out and shed a few hair when I first washed it. I used it for applying NARS Deep Throat and was really pleased with the results! It picks up more colour than the other blush brushes I own.

The brush is $14 and $5.60 for international shipping. It only took 4 days for my brush to arrive.

Blush Brushes


These are my brushes I use to apply blushes I have collected over the years. From left to right. Sephora Professional Angled Blush #40: This brush is dense but it isn't soft enough for my liking. I use it when I'm in a hurry. Sigma SS188, need I say more? EcoTools blush brush: This one is soft and dense and does a great job. I like it but I prefer smaller brush because it is a little too big for me. Red Earth Blush Brush #2: This is one of the oldest brush in my collection! I bought it back in 2002 (ahh... those days in uni and Red Earth cosmetics). It's very soft and is still one of my favourite brushes. The brush started to shed when I use/wash it. It's old but I still love it, I carry it with me everyday in my makeup bag. MAC 187SE: I use this one for liquid foundation and blushes.

Here are some of my brushes, most of them are MAC.

Makeup Brushes



I posted the following review on my old blog on 24 May 2009 when I first received Sigma SS188. It's my favourite brush for liquid foundation, I use it everyday and wash it after every use. It's still in a good shape though it does shed a hair or two sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment