26 March 2011

Chocolate Muffins

I love baking but not as much as I love makeup *lol* I love to eat and I enjoy food. I guess I don't really watch my diet (maybe I should) but I rarely eat junk food - maybe once a month. And I believe in exercising regularly.

I baked some chocolate muffins last weekend. I found the recipe from one of the Marks & Spencer cookbooks but I've changed the recipe a little.



Love muffins? You can make your own too!

Ingredients (Makes 12 muffins)
150g Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks plus 50g for sprinkling
2 Large eggs
80g Butter
280g All purpose flour
100g Caster sugar
250ml Milk
2 tbsp Cocoa powder
1 tbsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/8 tsp Salt

Method
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
2. Melt butter on a double boiler. Cool before use.
3. In a large bowl, shift together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder; stir in sugar and chocolate chips.
4. In a medium size bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add in vanilla extract and milk; mix lightly together.
5. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until just combined (the mixture should be lumpy).
6. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle the top with the remaining 50g chocolate chips.
7. Bake for 20mins or until risen.
8. Cool for 5mins before removing from pan.

I love my muffins with cold milk. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment